Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Closing

Today, I stood on the west end of the Indian Ocean, looking eastwards.

The orange sun that just rose above the sea would have claimed its position halfway up the sky, at the place I would be, in less than 5 days- Singapore. RIght beyond my line of sight.

It was kinda strange to realize that my loved ones, back home; the ones whom I synced my breakfast/lunch/dinner schedules with are now living a time table so different from mine. I have thought a lot about going back home and seeing my family again.

Everytime I imagine a senario of me being back in Singapore/Burma, I get excited, but a little nervous at the same time. It has been almost a year, and many countless encounters that has changed the way I live.

But I know that the moment I land home, I would be welcomed with open arms and hands. I guess that's the meaning of family... Unconditional love, without the limits of any time or space.

Malindi @ Sunrise.
A bird lands on top of a mounument to mark the first Portugese settlers in the East Coast.

2 comments:

  1. hey khant khant!

    i'm so envious! can i join u there sometimeeee??? hahhaha!

    miss ya!

    selina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khant or an Amazing Burmese Kid,
    I've just visited your blog and you've just brought to me fantastic message and experience. Have a safe trip to Chch and take a lot of photos for me as well. Will see you again when you get back to here.
    best,
    NK

    ReplyDelete